There’s a great column today from Dennis Prager, whose heard weekdays from Noon-1pm on WOGO-AM680 and WOGO.com, called, “The Bible vs. Heart,” on how we make our decisions about what’s right and what’s wrong. Do yourself a favor and give it a quick read.
Showing what a class act he is, former Packers WR Greg Jennings placed a full-page color ad in Wednesday’s Journal Sentinel and Green Bay Press-Gazette titled, “A Bittersweet Farewell,” as he leaves to play for the Minnesota Vikings.
Another must-read newsletter from Dr. Richard Swenson, this time titled, “The Usual Unusuals.”
In his book, “Freedom From Fear: Overcoming Worry & Anxiety,” Neil Anderson says “…nobody can keep you from being the person God has called you to be.” He says, “It’s normal to feel the fear but step out anyway as the following poem suggests:
While I don’t agree with everything, the non-partisan, libertarian think tank, Cato Institute, provides a great service in this 12-minute break down and response to President Obama’s State of the Union address earlier this week.
What are people saying about Dr. Ben Carson’s keynote address at Thursday’s annual National Prayer Breakfast in D.C.? Jenny in Osseo says:
“This is OUTSTANDING!! This doctor gave an awesome speech at the prayer breakfast telling his love of God and country and Obama just had to sit there and take it. I just saw a movie on the life of this doctor. It’s wonderful. The name of the movie was “Gifted Hands” and his part was played by Cuba Gooding Jr. It was very good. Listen to the WHOLE thing. It’s so worth it and the best part was watching Obama’s body language. He wasn’t a happy camper,…it was evident. Pay
particular attention to the way his chin goes way up at certain
times…interesting. Anyway, this was a very refreshing speech from a
brilliant and honest man.”
I found Tom Bevan’s letter to the President ”Mr. President, Chicago’s Gun Victims Need You Now,” to be incredibly moving. I’m ready to go to Chicago and do what I can after reading it, and I hope and pray the President takes Bevan up on his invitation.
In addition to asking Congress to pass some gun control laws, Pres. Obama Wed. morning stunned many by announcing he would sign 23 Executive Orders pertaining to guns, despite former Atty. Gen., Edwin Meese telling Newxmas that if he tries “to override the Second Amendment in any way, I believe it would be an impeachable offense.” Here’s the list of 23 Executive Orders:
2. “Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.”
3. “Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.”
4. “Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.”
5. “Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.”
6. “Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.”
7. “Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.”
8. “Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).”
9. “Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.”
10. “Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.”
11. “Nominate an ATF director.”
12. “Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.”
13. “Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.”
14. “Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.”
15. “Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.”
16. “Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.”
17. “Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.”
18. “Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.”
19. “Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.”
20. “Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.”
21. “Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.”
22. “Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.”
23. “Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.”
While the number of abortions done nationally is going down, Planned Parenthood says they did MORE abortions in 2011 than in 2010. The ending of 333, 964 innocent, unborn human lives comes out to one every 94 seconds, yet in their “Message from the Chair and President,” Cecilia Boone and Cecile Richards don’t say ONE word about abortion.